The North Clear Creek Valley Restoration Project is located in Gilpin County along Colorado State Highway 119, starting in the City of Black Hawk and continuing east for approximately 1.5 miles.
The goal of North Clear Creek Project is to
1) Improve safety and access for tourist and local traffic in Black Hawk
2) Improve surface water quality of North Clear Creek to be habitable for aquatic life
3) Restore brown trout populations south of Black Hawk
4) Reduce metals toxicity to aquatic insects
5) Improve drinking water quality for downstream providers
This project is a great example of how several agencies can work together and accomplish numerous goals quickly and efficiently. Each facet of this project will need to be done at some point, thus money will be saved and goals will be accomplished more quickly and efficiently if they are done collaboratively.
Planning and development of the Project has been underway since 2007 and all engineering and design will be ready by January 1, 2010.
Click on the Logo below for more information regarding the North Clear Creek Valley Restoration Project from the Colorado Department of Transportation website.